Our inboxes are usually bombarded with innumerable E-mails each day. These innumerable e-mails are sometimes from our friends, work or e-marketers; many of which we read and many that we just send to junk.
Has it ever occurred to you that maybe your e-mails could be equally un-interesting and at times not even be read? Absurd as it may seems, but at times an e-mail makes quite a striking impression of you or your firm. Thus, it is absolutely important to learn how to draft an absorbing e-mail!
Enlisted below are a few to-dos that will make your e-mail look neater, compelling and notable.
- Format your E-mail right! When you draft an e-mail, ensure that it is formatted well in terms of text, font, size and color. Maintain a uniform font size and stick to standard and professional colors. Make sure there is adequate spacing and the font size is visible. Avoid using fancy fonts for professional, business e-mails.
- Maintain the cordial essence and personalize. When you draft an e-mail, ensure that you address the person right in the e-mail. Beginning your e-mail with Respected or Dear adds a touch of personalization and warmth to your e-mail.
- Don't flaunt your English vocabulary using pompous words! Write your e-mail using simple and comprehensible words. You need not use expansive words from the dictionary that maybe misunderstood by the reader.
- Specify your motive of writing the e-mail! When you send an e-mail make sure you clearly state the motive by stating the same in the Subject criteria of the e-mail. This will help the reader decide if he wishes to read the read the e-mail instead of trashing it.
- Incite interest in your e-mails. You need to evince your interest and joy in the e-mail in order to make the reader feel the same. Show that you are enthusiastic about the offer or the subject of the drafted e-mail.
- Keep the content short, crisp and to the point. You need not elaborate every word or sentence beyond the requirement. Shorts sentences and crisp paragraphs add to the presentation and also evince your wisdom and intellectuality.
- Add a persuasive conclusion to your e-mail. While drafting an e-mail, make sure your conclusion is persuasive and credible enough to influence the reader. This is the ultimate key to sure shot success as your work is done if you succeed impressing the reader with your strategy, offer or fact on a particular subject.
- Write about yourself! Make sure you give the necessary information about yourself so that the reader can contact your if a need arises. Add a few authentic details like your name, e-mail address, firm name and phone number. Explain about yourself and your firm.
Keep these easy tips in mind and make that attractive impression with a flawless e-mail. Don't forget to add a professional salutation in the end like 'yours sincerely' and 'Thanking you'. This will epitomize your gratefulness towards them to read your e-mail. Use decent language and simple etiquettes and you are all set go. Remember that when you draft an e-mail, draft it in a way that you would like to read if someone sent you one!